The Elms Society was founded by the Board of Trustees to recognize those, who through their estate planning, have made an important commitment to the future of Trinity. Hundreds of Trinity alumni and friends have joined the society by notifying the college of their plans. Click here for a list of current Elms Society Members.
How to Join
The following types of commitments, qualify you for membership in The Elms Society:
- a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust;
- a life-income gift that provides an income stream to you or another beneficiary during your lifetime or for a term of years, and names Trinity as a remainder beneficiary. Such gift plans include a charitable remainder unitrust, a charitable remainder annuity trust or a charitable gift annuity;
- a charitable lead trust that provides income to Trinity for a donor's lifetime or for a term of years;
- a gift or assignment of qualified retirement plan assets, such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b);
- a gift of life insurance;
- a gift of real estate, including gifts in which the donor retains a life interest in the real estate;
- certain other planned gifts.
If you have already included Trinity in your estate plans, we hope you will let us know. By allowing Trinity to list your name as a member of The Elms Society you encourage others to follow your example. Even if you wish to remain anonymous, we urge you to let us know, in confidence, of your plans to support Trinity's future. If you have not yet included Trinity in your plans and you would like to explore the best options for you and your family, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be glad to assist you on a confidential basis and without any obligation.
Benefits of Membership
New members will receive an Elms Society pin that we hope you will wear with pride. Elms Society members are listed in our Annual Report of Philanthropy. You may choose to be listed as “anonymous.” Elms members may also receive invitations to various events, on and off campus, throughout the year.
For more information, please contact Trinity’s Gift Planning Department.